The goal of the Fellowship Program in Reproductive Medicine at IHR is to train a general obstetrician/gynecologist to function as an independent consultant in Reproductive Medicine. It will provide advanced training in the subspecialty to fellows wishing to pursue a career in clinical reproductive medicine.
It is the program’s objective that the fellows achieve the followings:
- Experience in the management of a wide variety of clinical problems affecting the human reproductive system both male and female.
- Adequate and diverse surgical experience related to infertility including:
- Diagnostic laparoscopy,
- Laparoscopic surgeries e.g.
- Ovarian cystectomy,
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy
- Operative hysteroscopy e.g.
- Septum resection
Fellow will be able to advance to next level of surgical skill
- ART Procedures :
- Stimulation Protocols
- pick- up
- Knowledge of different techniques of various laboratory procedures :
- Semen Analysis as per WHO (2010) protocol
- Semen preparation for IUI
- Semen, Embryo and Oocyte cryopreservation
- Knowledge and experience of Ultrasonography during infertility management specially folliculometry for IUI & IVF by TVS
- Start controlled ovarian stimulation for IUI & IVF and can tailor stimulation protocols as per patients need.
- Manage difficult cases of poor ovarian responders, OHSS
- Start independent infertility practice.
- Candidates must have completed training in Obstetrics and Gynecology and hold a specialty certificate, i.e. MD, DGO, DNB (O&G)
- The candidate should be below 40 years of age.
IV. NUMBER OF FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS
Two candidates are accepted in the program every six months. Accepted fellows will start the fellowship training program from 1st April and 1st October each year.
The ambulatory services of IHR support high quality care for women and provide care for both partners with disorders of infertility. Operating rooms are equipped for operative laparoscopy and microsurgical procedures. Embryology and Andrology laboratories are equipped to conduct hormone assays, sperm function testing and embryo culture. Equipment and experience are available for a wide variety of diagnostic studies, including ultrasonography, hysterosalpingography. IHR is equipped for computerized literature searching, contains a wide variety of clinical and basic science journals. The institute has its own wi-fi section for free use of internet to the fellowship students. IHR has a large collection of textbooks and subscribes to all leading infertility journals. Fellows in the Hospital have access to abstracted literature through a computer access system.
VI. Course Duration
The fellowship in Reproductive Medicine requires one year of training.
VII. ACADEMIC, TEACHING, AND ADMINISTRATION
The main aim of fellowship is to enable him / her to practice with competence in the field of reproductive medicine.
To achieve the goal, the fellow must deepen their basic knowledge in reproductive medicine beyond what they acquire in their training as general Obstetrician / Gynaecologist.
- Fellow will take active role in ongoing academic teaching activities, journal clubs and case presentations
- Fellow will attend OPD and IPD cases from 10 am to 10 pm
The candidate is allowed to take 25 days holiday during the course (one year).
The candidates have to do two days extra duties for every extra holiday above 25 days without any stipend.
IX. FEES AND STIPENED
- Once confirmation received, an admission fee of Rs. 100000/- (Rs. One Lakh only)need to be deposited within 15 days of confirmation letter. The admission fees is non refundable at any circumstances.
- B. Bank Details
- A/C Name : Goenka Nursing Home(P) Ltd.
- A/C No. : 03992020001418
- Bank : HDFC Bank
- IFSC : HDFC0000399
- The fellow will get a stipend of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees. Ten Thousand only) per month x 12 months.
The fellows has to arrange their own accommodation. IHR will help in locating suitable accommodation.
Female candidates can take advantage of our Hostel Facility.
Hostel facility is available for the female candidates only. Hostel is 100 meters away from IHR. The candidates has to share the room with fellow students (Individual rooms are not available). Candidates have to pay Rs. 5000/- (Rupees. Five Thousand only) per month as hostel fees. The candidate has to be present in the hostel between 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Any outing during this period must be informed to concerned authority. Cooking and pets are not allowed in the Hostel. Male guest are not allowed to visit in Hostel. Female guest can visit between 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Candidates must maintain discipline in the Hostel and will not make/play loud noise/music, will keep the room neat and clean.
Dr. Deepak Goenka, MD
Academic & Training Affairs
Reproductive Medicine Fellowship Program
Institute of Human Reproduction, Guwahati